Monday, December 21, 2009

"The sweetest, tenderest, happiest homes are not those where there has been no sorrow, but those that have been overshadowed with grief and where Christ's comfort was accepted." - Gary Ceran


My dad took my family to see A Christmas Carol at the Hale Centre Theatre last week. I read this statement in the program. You might remember this man's story from a few years ago. He was driving his family home on Christmas Eve when they were hit by a drunk driver and his wife and two of his children were killed. This statement hit me so profoundly that I had to share. I truly believe this. We will never have a perfect understanding of the Atonement, but we can have glimpses as we allow ourselves to be healed through it, no matter our circumstances.

You can read the news story here.

No comments: